Friday 1 October 2010

Run Forrest Run

Watched Forrest Gump the other night and as well as being a great movie it has a fantastic soundtrack. Winner of 6 Oscars and numerous other awards it follows Forrest through some iconic American history with classic music. Track below is Jackson Browne and Running on Empty which is used when Forrest decides to go running from coast to coast.

One of his memorable quotes is '' life is like a box of chocolates you never know what your gonna get'' - how true.

My own running is plodding along and knee isn't too bad. I am now in my seventh week and running 2 days on 1 off. Longest run has been 8 miles at 8 min miles and yesterday was the first run I have done running between 7-7.30 min miles for 5 miles and felt comfortable.

I am also trying to reduce my weight and have now lost nearly a stone in 7 weeks. This has been achieved by just reducing the amount I eat especially bread and cutting out snacks, biscuits and crisps. That and the running has made the weight loss quite easy.

I will never get back to under 11 stone but somewhere between 11.5 and 12 would be great. This will also help my knee and other joints.

Plan to increase running to 3 on 1 off by mid October if everything is okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment