Tuesday 9 February 2010

A Captain's Posting


Last night I became Captain of Lenzie Golf Club and I have to say what a huge honour and privilege it is.  I have a busy year ahead of me fullfilling my duties and representing the club as Captain and it is one that I am looking forward to.  It is hard financial times for all golf clubs at this moment in Scotland with falling and ageing membership which will make for a challenging year. One of the first things I am doing is to have a Open Day on the 21st of February between 12 -5pm. We are advertising in the press and on the radio as well as locally. The deal on the day is join for £1.00 (one day only ) and pay the annual subscriptions as normal. We have also introduced some great summer visitor packages and all are detailed in our web site Lenziegolfclub.co.uk.
Thats the golf diversion over and normal running ramblings will resume.
Reading about a incredible 100 mile race at this moment and will post more about it in a few days. It's not for the faint-hearted. Course record 55 hours, only 8 finishers in over 20 years and the ladies record is not a time but 66 miles -the maximum distance that has been covered in the race !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment