Wednesday 2 December 2009

Hayston Loop


48.36-6.2miles
7.50/m

Canal -Hayston- railway- canal

Legs feeling a bit better and felt a bit more comfortable running today. Since I started back after being injured for 6 weeks  I have struggled with most runs but today was a bit quicker and I was fine at end of run . I aim to gradually increase my Wednesday  distance  and it along with my weekend run will be the main runs of the week . 
I am planning to run from Balmaha to Rowardennan this Saturday and back that should give me about 15miles . I last ran this part of the whw in 1992 in the clubs relay and according to my diary I ran it in 47 mins but we ran the stage on the road that year  . I think that might have been one of the last years the club ran the whw as a relay . Will stick to the path on Saturday as much as possible if it is okay with all the recent rain we have had. The above photo is from 1987 the fourth year we did the West Highland Way as a relay.

No comments:

Post a Comment